Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The end of an era....

This is the first of many team blogs that we will be posting on this site. This first one though is dedicated to the ending of an era. This era being the losing streak that the Men's Cougar basketball team had against the University of Oregon Ducks. This streak had lasted the better part of 7 years, in that we had lost 13 in a row going into Sunday nights game.

I wish that I had been there to see it, as I am sure that Jeremy can give you a first person point of view. I can however tell you that I have another interesting point of view for this thrilling game. I do sports shows. I am currently the Co-Director for a Cable 8 Production Show, "Inside the Lines" and am working on a spin off show called "Trackside" (It's all about motorsports.) I also have a weekly radio show on KUGR, called FNST (Friday Night Sports Talk). In addition to all of this, I get to do KUGR sports coverage of the games (sometimes play by play, sometimes color) or like I was on Sunday, doing studio coverage for pre-game, halftime, and post game.

I have to admit that I was bouncing back and forth watching via Internet the NFC Championship game and the cougars. I listened to the two guys doing coverage, WSU trailing big early, then coming back, Baynes inside early, then D-Low, then Kyle. 34-30 UO at half. Then the second half came, the crowd getting into it, the national TV crew eating it up, and the studio team getting excited. Near the end of the game, I couldn't stand it, I was pacing back and forth like a expecting father. Finally, the free throws go through down the stretch and WSU wins, 69-60. It was great. Now there are downsides to doing this approach (aka not seeing it). However, when you get a chance to be that involved at home....It makes for a great day!

Congratulations Cougs! Back to #6 and tied for first.

Trevor

No comments: